“My name is Paul Ledroit. I am a lawyer and very skeptical of alternative medicine.... Read more
Infertility affects many couples during their reproductive years. As many as one out of six couples trying to have children experience problems. Infertility can also have a strong psychological impact, sometimes leading to feelings of isolation and personal failure. For thousands of years acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioners have addressed a whole range of female and male reproductive issues and hormonal problems with excellent results.
In recent years acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine have been increasingly recognized within western medicine for their value in treating infertility.
Dr. Diana Tong Li and Dr. Franklyn Chen have developed the L-C Natural Fertility Treatment Program to help couples who face the challenge of infertility.
You can read a full account of the program written by Dr. Tong Li and Dr. Chen by clicking here (client password required) or learn more by contacting either of our clinics for further information.
Tracy came to the S-T/L-C Acupuncture and Natural Medicine Clinic on October 4, 2004 with infertility issues.
She has had 3 miscarriages in the past two years. As well as, she was suffering from stress and insomnia issues related to the infertility problem.
After a careful consultation and testing procedure, Tracy started a personalized acupuncture and TCM herbal treatment program which considered 3 cycles. At the end of November 2004, after approximately 2 months of acupuncture and TCM treatments, she became pregnant.
But her HCG level was very low because she didn’t complete her 3 cycles of the basic treatment program. Her HCG was dropped to 34 on November 23, 2004. Her doctor made her aware there was possibility that she could have another miscarriage at that time. Doctors decided to increase her acupuncture treatments to every other day to ensure she would not miscarry.
- Her HCG level increased everyday:
- November 26, 2004 (163)
- November 30, 2004 (786)
- December 03, 2004 (2487)
- December 16, 2004 (43597)
- Her son Luke was born on July 25, 2005. He was weighting 6 lbs 7 oz.
Heather came to the L-C Acupuncture Clinic February 3, 2006 after consulting with other medical professionals and trying to get pregnant one and half years unsuccessfully.
Her husband also started treatments a few weeks after her.
Heather began acupuncture, cupping therapy, herbal remedies and a detoxification program to regulate and balance the female organs, to regulate and balance her hormone system and to balance the yin and yang in order to prepare the uterus for conception.
- On April 3, 2006 a self testing procedure indicated that she was pregnant. She tested it again on April 4th and 6th. She was so happy she couldn’t believe the results. On April 6th Heather saw her doctor and upon an examination which indicated breast fullness; her doctor felt that she was pregnant. A blood test confirmed that she indeed was pregnant –due date December 11, 2006.
- Heather and her husband had treatments for 7 weeks before success. Heather chose continue take Clomid combine with the acupuncture treatments, and decided not try IVF.
- On December 14, 2006, 5:11 am daughter Nealah Anne was born weighing in at 9 lbs 1 oz. Healthy, happy and strong.
Recently Heather return to the clinic to have acupuncture treatments for her second naturally pregnancy which without any help at all. She wants to have another relaxing, healthy pregnancy an hopefully another healthy, happy child.
Condea first came to our clinic on September 15, 2005 seeking treatment for infertility.
She had three times unsuccessful pregnancies.
- August 2002, ectopic pregnancy resulted in surgery at 7 weeks with part of the fallopian tube removed.
- January 2004, miscarriage at 7 weeks.
- October 2005, sac developed with no fetus in it, and pregnancy ended at 5 weeks.
- In June 2006, Condea did IVF (In Vitro Fertilization).
- May 21, 2006 - began suprefact nose spray
- June 21, 2006 - 9 eggs removed
- June 22, 2006 - had acupuncture treatment the afternoon before and then immediately after the transfer
- July 7, 2006 - HCG level is 158
- July 21, 2006 - Ultrasound showed a fetus in the uterus with a heartbeat
- And on March 8, 2007 Condea and Ken welcomed their baby boy - Kasen
Melissa had been trying to get pregnant since May 2005 (8 months).
The stress of not being able to stay pregnant when she had conceived (3 earlier miscarriages/ chemical pregnancies) and having a bit of difficulty getting pregnant has caused stress sometimes affecting sleep, as well as causing anxiety and feeling down – usually when her period arrived. Melissa received acupuncture treatments only- no herbal medicine.
- In January 2006 it was confirmed that Melissa was pregnant – due date September 8, 2006.
- Her HCG level after pregnancy
- December 30, 2005 - 396
- January 2, 2006 - 1194
- January 5, 2006 - 3448
- January 9, 2006 - 11923
Lori had been trying for 4 years to get pregnant, but without success.
- She had In Vitro Fertilization in 2004 which was unsuccessful.
- She also had acupuncture from another practitioner which was unsuccessful.
- On April 6, 2006, Lori came to S-T Natural Medicine Centre to see Dr. Diana Li and Dr. Franklyn Chen.
- After consultation, doctors created a special program for her and her husband.
As a result of a combination of acupuncture and IVF treatment, she became pregnant with triplets, and due day is March 5, 2007.